Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Amanda Soesbee above and beyond teacher, mentor, friend























Amanda Soesbee was by far my favorite teacher. She was a high school yearbook and english teacher and by my sophomore year we were pretty well aquatinted and i helped her out with earns and stuff around school. By my senior year Soes (as we all call her) was my mentor and helped me with all things college, high school, and life related. She was amazing at being there for you whenever you needed her and would do just about anything for the people that she loved! She always got my out of trouble if i was late for class which was most days, she helped  proof my papers when i was in college, she always encouraged all of her students (including me) to go above and beyond. She was always a shoulder to cry on and she always meant what she said. She was so much more then a teacher to many students and i know that I'm just one that was impacted by her loving care through the difficult years of high school. 
One of the best moments that i had with Soes was when we all graduated she took a bunch of us that wanted to go to Europe for a "educational tour". We went with three other high schools and she made it so worth wile and to this day i still talk about how amazing the trip was. I still look back at how lucky i was to be able to travel to Italy, France and Monaco at the age of 18. The trip also gave me the courage to go study abroad for 6 months in Australia. Which was an experience of a life time that most people will never be able to say that they did.
 She made everything a adventure and we were all lucky to be along for the ride. I just want to say thanks Amanda no matter what we did or said or acted like you always loved us all like we were your kids and i wouldn't be where i am today if it weren't for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment